Led by the president of Federations' national Rabbinic Cabinet, 18 Jewish organizations representing virtually every sect of American Judaism will recognize a Solidarity Sabbath with the African-American community tonight. A staff member from the Birmingham Federation reflects on her journey with a group of Federation leaders to Ukraine last week.
- Time – Jewish groups to mark ‘Shabbat of solidarity’ with black community after Charleston
- Times of Israel (op-ed) – The most important thing I learned in Ukraine
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in Palm Beach County, Baltimore, New York, Washington, Montreal and Chicago.
- Baltimore Jewish Times – Hoffman heads south
- Tablet – A taste of the former Soviet Union in Brooklyn
- Washington Jewish Week – JCCGW responds to community survey
- Montreal Gazette – Coderre pushes for new hate crimes unit
- JUF News – Mini-grants major boost to Jewish programs