We are very excited for your camper(s) to be part of our first ever Virtual Camp Chaverim this summer! We are offering this opportunity for FREE to our community for the summer of 2020. Virtual camp will run Monday – Friday, June 1 – July 24, 2020. Campers will be engaged with many familiar activities along with lots of new opportunities including: games, scavenger hunts, dance parties, art projects and many other fun ways for campers to engage with each other. New and former camp staff, parents and community specialists will help facilitate sessions throughout the summer.
The following community leaders have been confirmed to virtually meet with our campers:
Oklahoma City Police Chief Wade Gourley, Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt,
Rabbi Vered Harris, Rabbi Abby Jacobson, Rabbi Juan Mejia and Zemer Linda Sweenie.
Virtual Camp Chaverim is free. If you're interested in attending Please register your camper(s) by returning this form to Rachel Johnson (Rachel@jfedokc.org). We still have some spots available and we have t-shirts.
Registered camp families will receive the following week’s schedule each Friday throughout the summer, so families can be prepared for specially themed days and projects being held the following week.
Help your camper(s) prepare for Virtual Camp Chaverim in the following ways:
- Have the following materials available: crayons, markers, glue, scissors, construction paper in many colors, drawing paper (can be paper for your printer or copier) and copies of old newspapers/magazines.
- Sign-up now for free accounts with the following applications:
- Remind – remind.com: This is how we will communicate with our camp families.
- Kahoot! - kahoot.com: This application allows us to play games online together.
- Zoom - zoom.us: This application allows us to connect with our camp families for virtual camp